We are proud of our origins in the restaurant business and we recognize that serving great food is an art. Today, Tavistock Restaurants manages a portfolio of proven boutique restaurant brands with units across the United States. As our company continues to grow our concepts, we are seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to join our accounting team.
- Maintain and perform all general ledger and month-end closing activiites including journal entries, adjustments, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Prepare and analyze month-end inventory, cost of sales and financial statements
- Monthly reconciliation of bank accounts, general funds, credit card sales, gift cards, accruals, prepaid expenses and accounts receivables
- Landlord sales reporting and percentage rent calculations
- Weekly upload and reconciliation of restaurant sales information
- Record fixed assets and calculate/allocate depreciation
- Provide accounting support to several restaurants including cash management and daily bookkeeping activities
- Prepare and file monthly and quarterly sales tax returns
- Organize and maintain accounting records
- Provide support for year end audit and regulatory audits
- Minimum three (3) years of experience as an Accountant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Knowledge of the restaurant industry a plus
- Strong multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, excellent interpersonal skills, team player, able to prioritize and possess excellent attention to detail
- Advanced computer skills including all desktop applications.
- Experience working with Lawson and Crystal reports a plus.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
Please submit resume and salary history using the form below.
Tavistock Restaurants manages a broad portfolio of restaurant concepts including Alcatraz Brewing Company, AquaKnox, Blackhawk Grille, Cafe del Rey, California Cafe, Freebirds World Burrito, Napa Valley Grille, Samba Room, Sapporo Scottsdale, Taqueria Canonita, Timpano Chophouse & Martini Bar and ZED451. Concepts range from fast casual to fine dining. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Tavistock Restaurants is committed to growth through the acquisition of new concepts and the expansion of existing concepts.